Sunday, May 24, 2009

Getting there

Well, it feels like it's been a long week. It has actually. But I'm beginning to feel better. I'm so grateful for that. I'm still congested and now have a cough. But everything is breaking up and coming out. Hopefully I will be in the clear soon.

I get to talk to my sweetie about twice a day right now. I'm so grateful for computers and the amazing technology that has been given us! I think back to the pioneers and first members of the church. (as well as the pilgrims!) I get concerned when James isn't available for chat exactly when he said he would be. I cannot imagine those days when families would depend on letters or telegraphs to hear how their loved ones were doing. I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am. I also like to think of Joseph and Emma Smith. They had such a strong love for one another! Unbreakable! Amazing! They wrote such lovely words back and forth to one another. And expressed their feelings often. I like to think that James and I have that kind of relationship. Undying, true, unbreakable and AMAZING! He is such a ray of sunshine in my life. I'm so grateful for his sacrifices and SO thankful that I get to be spoiled to talk to him and see him while he is away. (sorry. maybe I got carried away there.)

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Technology is great. Sorry it's been a long week. I just got a sore throat today and let me tell you it's not easy to yell at my kids now. I hope your feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Check with your doctor about Traditional Medicinal teas as they help me but you need to see if there is a problem with drinking them (all herbal) while pregnant.
Sorry for teasing you with the call from Cedar Point. Hope you, James and baby can come east so I can push the baby carriage while you go wild on the roller coasters!
LOVE YOU!! Aunt Sandy

The Child Family said...

I'm sorry your sweetie is gone, but I'm glad you get to chat with him often. WHen does he come back? You two are such a great couple, it's so obvious that you really love each other

Shalie said...

That was so sweet. It's true, being able to talk to our family is such a blessing! When will James be home? I hope its not too long. Hang in there!