Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bummed Out

So I feel like it's going to be one of those days. I'm trying not to let it be though.

I found out yesterday that there were some problems with the ride during the opening in Sweden. Therefore, James won't be home tonight. I feel like I have multiple personalities or something. I'm super supportive of him and his work. I appreciate his concern for others and their safety. This ride is safe, there was a malfunction and they think they've got it fixed. I would prefer him to be there and ensure that things are going properly. But then my selfish emotions get in the way. I just want my husband home. I miss him so much. I honestly don't know how people are able to manage being away from their spouses. Especially military personnel. I'm learning respect, I think. I really never thought much of it before, but this being apart is hard. I can barely handle 3 weeks. I can't imagine having to do months at a time. I'm embarrassed because I'm currently sitting here at my home with my dog, crying while I write this. I should be tougher.

Just bummed out.

8 comments:

Tati said...

Oh Susi, I'm so sorry. You have an awesome incredible husband who is working hard to support you and your new little family. I know it's hard to always be so supportive, especially with hormones when you're pregnant, but try not to get discouraged. You're doing great!

Luv ya!
Tati

ps. I can't wait to see you! We'll be in Logan in 2 weeks! Wanna go out to eat at Hamilton's? We've got two $15 things we can use! Let me know! If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for ya!

Sandra said...

Your normal, I would have a hard time if my hubby was gone like that too. It doesn't help that your prego too. Those hormones just kick ya. I hope he comes home to you soon.

Anonymous said...

A nice dish of ice cream can help for a temporary distraction! I remember when Uncle Mike was working in upstate New York and only came home every 2 weeks for the weekend. I was grateful to go to work to keep busy.
I'll bet James is missing you something awful...just as you miss him.
We love you honey and pray for a speedy return of your sweetie!
Uncle Mike & Aunt Sandy

Jamie Jo said...

It's probably not too bad for people that don't like each other that much. :) You guys should maybe work on not being so in love.

FORD RULES said...

Hang in there kid. When he gets back it won't even seem like he's been gone. Trust me, besides you have Skype! (when it works)

Scott and Amme said...

Sus,

Oh I am so sorry. It is so hard to be apart--especially when you had your heart set on him coming home already. And being pregnant just magnifies it. Good luck and be happy.

Jody and Lacey said...

Sus you are an incredible person. I don't know what it is like to be without your husband for weeks at a time. Mine works opposite hours and I don't get to see him much and I get really bummed too. I can't imagine what you are going through. You are stong and I love you! Im just around the corner! Call me and we will get together!

Kristi Rowley said...

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I know what you are feeling. I got to the point that I wasn't even sure if Jim would make it hime for Samantha to be born. I have learned a ton of respect also for those women that have sent their spouses off to war. I hope he (James) gets home soon and you can enjoy some time with him.