Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tomato Soup & Korea

Once upon a time, I have a great friend named Kanaboke. She gave me a bottle of tomato soup she made a year ago. It was so yummy and fantastic!! We planted a tomato plant on purpose for the makings of soup on my own. Luckily, sweet Kanaboke invited me to make soup with her and her sister in law and a great friend of ours. We sure had an amazing time!


This is the load of tomato's we began with


The fixin's in the pot ready to be boiled


Kanaboke & Susi


Super sweet, surprised Cindy & Susi (Kanaboke & I didn't tell her I was coming!)


Kanaboke & Bob working the goods through the victorian strainer


Susi with the glorious goods!


Kanaboke & Cindy with their yummy garbage (the original veggies that come out of the strainer)


Completed soup! We ended up making 7 batches and each took home a grand total of 21 quarts. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I had my first serving of this delightful soup last night. It goes so well with grilled cheese sandwiches. My grilled cheese was made on multigrain bread. Oh it was divine! I just am so excited to get my own copy of this recipe and my own victorian strainer. It's so worth it to learn something new!


. . . and now. . . . for an update on why this week is so cool. . . I GET TO GO TO KOREA!!!! James called me Tuesday morning while I was getting ready to do to work. He told me that he would be going to Reno for a set up the 23rd & 24th of the month. Then he said that Korea wanted him to come the very next week. I told him that would be fine. He was very sweet and said, " I just hate to be away from you for so long." I told him again that I would be ok and that I needed to discuss the issue later, as I was trying to get to work on time. After I had gotten to work, I was feeling a little spunky. I sent him a text saying, " so how about I go to Korea with you?" He called me right away and from there it was history. He had his people check on everything and we've finagled a way to make everything possible. We will be flying out on the 25th and arriving home just in time for Halloween! WAHOOOOOO!!!!! James is going to be setting up a frog in Lotte World. It's an amazing indoor amusement park. (I guess. I haven't been there yet.) Anyway, the park has it's own hotel and a mall and all kinds of cool stuff. So hopefully, that will be fun. I think the part of the trip that I'm the most excited about is this. . . . The Seoul, Korea temple is going to be closed for cleaning the 13th through the 27th. It re-opens on the 28th and WE WILL BE THERE!!!! We will figure things out and James and I will go to a session! I am so super excited about that! Well, I think that's about it for now. I feel like I've run on and on. Much love to all my readers!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Woo hoo that is so exciting!!! I hope you have tons of fun! Great job on the soup, it looks yummy.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That is so amazing! What exactly does he do? He travels to lots of awesome places. Have a sweet time. Oh and the soup looks incredible. I grew tomatoes this year but didn't can them I will have to try next season.

Tati said...

How fun! You better take lots of pics!

Whitney said...

That soup looks so good!!

The Child Family said...

I want some of that soup!!! It looks so good (and healthy).
I am so glad you get to go to Korea!!!! Take lots of pics and be sure to post every detail of your trip

kanaboke said...

Yay, yay, yaaaaaay! EnYoungHaSeyo..I have no idea how in the heck you spell that, but that is "Hello, How are ya?" in Korean, so go to town with it sister. I am sooooo excited for you! And Tomato Soup day was sooooo much fun, we need to make it an annual tradition!

The Gray's said...

Hey Susi! I hope you finally got access for our blog. I read your comment to Tati and changed the email so you can get access. Anyway, sounds like life is treating you well! Korea, sounds like fun. Hope all is going well! Hey, what happened to the amusement park that S& S owns in South Logan? I heard it went out of business. Does this affect James? HOpe not! Have fun on your trip?