Sunday, October 19, 2008

Anxiety attack!

I've wanted to re-do my kitchen cabinets since, I dunno, we bought our home. Well, this weekend it came. James graciously removed all the cupboard doors and drawer faces on Friday. Then we along with my friend, Jenn Al-Imari, started the job. Friday night we got all the sanding done.

I started Saturday with dusting all the cabinet pieces and preparing them for paint. Then I taped off the still-attached-to-the-kitchen-pieces. Jenn started painting the doors in the garage while I worked on the kitchen. My parents even came over and helped me out in the kitchen. Jenn headed out to take her kids to "Boo at the Zoo." We finished up in the kitchen. Then James and I turned the doors over and started on the back sides. We have to let the paint sit for a bit and then Jenn will come over to glaze the cabinets.

I'm so excited to finally have this done. I'll be honest, I'm not one for clutter. I'm sure my house isn't too bad, but I feel like it's a small wreck. Photos to come later.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I can understand the anxiety with it. When we were finishing our basement the whole house was a mess and it drove me nuts. I can't wait to see the pictures of it finished.

Jamie Jo said...

Man! You are going to a lot of work! I didn't take my cupboards off, presand, or paint the insides. Just a quick outside job. But I think you are going for a different look then I am. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Jessica said...

I cant wait to see. I need it done so badly in my house. We need to have you over, I dont think you even knew that we have moved. Its nice to be in a home, and I am excited to see what yours looks like, maybe you'll be hired!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Pictures, I need pictures. :D By the way, good job on getting that big job done, i'm sure the cupboards look awesome!

Jody and Lacey said...

Wow you are a go getter! I bet they will look awesome! I can't wait to see them.

The Child Family said...

I;m so glad your kitchen is finally getting done!!! Can't wait to see it