Sunday, August 24, 2008

Surgery . . .

Well, it's again been a little bit since I blogged. I have had the best of intentions to do so for about a week now. But, here's a bit of important information that I know some of my fellow bloggers are curious about. . .

James and I went to see Dr. Keyser again last Friday. It was great! He spent 45 minutes talking with us in his office answering any of our questions. I guess I had a misunderstanding of what's going on. My thyriod is a bit out of whack. Not bad enough to be causing any infertility problems though. The thyriod is still considered a goiter and causes pressure on my esophogas. What it boils down to is that the surgery is elective because of the goiter. I can chose to take it out or not. But Dr. Keyser won't do it until I can tell him that I'm completely uncomfortable. I'm so ok with that. So, we won't be doing surgery until I tell him that I can't stand it anymore. That's that. No worries for now. :)

3 comments:

Tati said...

I'm glad you updated your blog. Make sure to keep me posted. Oh, and I have a home phone, it's actually a VOIP phone, but I"ll email it to you. Miss you Susi!

Trina said...

Susi, I have been struggling lately with a lot of things and finally called a doctor to figure out what's going on. He asked if I had my thyroid checked and I hadn't so he is in the process of checking my blood for the same thing. He thinks I might have a postpartum thyroiditis which would be a combination of hyper and hypo. I don't know yet if that is the problem, but it's good to know I could talk to you about it if it is. I hope you are feeling ok, and I'm glad you don't have to have surgery right now.

Shalie said...

Hi Susi! I'm sorry to hear about your thyroid, that is no fun. The Dr thought I had a problem with my thyroid because I was gaining weight without eating more or exercising less, apparently it turned out that it was just stress!! Stupid stress! Dr Keyser took out my tonsils when I was like 19, and he took out Kade's last year. I'm glad to hear that there is nothing too serious going on. Good luck with it all