Sunday, April 13, 2008

Many Things Wonderful!!

This month is such a wonderful month!! For more than one reason.

For the past long time my little brother, Josh, has been incarcerated. I don't necessarily care to go into the details, but will honestly say I miss him. I believe he has learned a lot during this trial. I can't say that he's perfect or will never make another mistake in his life. But I believe he has learned a lesson. During his time there, he's read the scriptures and for two years James & I have sent him the Ensign. I don't know if he's read them, but I hope they were a positive influence for him. I'm so very excited though!! He is being released on April 26, 2008! HOLY COW!!!!! MY LITTLE BRO IS COMING HOME!! TO MY HOME!!! YEAH!!!

Also during the time of his trial, many things have happened. One of the biggest happenings is that my parents pulled up their roots in Cheyenne, WY and planted them in no other place but here in Logan, UT! They've had a rough battle of their own, but that's for a different day. So they moved to Logan and started working at a call center called Convergys. They've done quite well at making new friends. Josh has of course been quite lonely in jail and just wanted contact from the outside world. So many of my parents and my friends have written to him. Long story short. Josh has connected with one of the girls my parents used to work with. She is a very sweet girl. She has a good head on her shoulders and seems to be able to keep Josh in the right mind at all times. She's so very patient. Well they are in love and getting married on June 6th! I'm just so very happy that my brother is coming home and that he is going to live with us before his wedding.

I had a friend comment on this situation the other day. It really made me feel good. She said something to the effect of, "you'll be such a good influence on him and be able to show him what a happy marriage consists of." How sweet is that!! I love James so dearly and he loves me the same. He treats me like a queen and it's so very full of consideration, care and love. I'm just so excited for Josh and James to get to know each other and for Josh to be able to learn from James the appropriate way to treat his lady.
(it's a picture of a picture. sorry. it's all I had)


So, I'm putting a countdown for his release date and time! Yeah. I love my little brother!



AND. . . . . . .

Roxy is coming home soon too! She is honestly like a sister to me. It has been really hard while she's been gone. She is dating my brother-in-law, Tom. He is on a mission. And she up and went to Belgium. Anyway, it was hard when Tom left. But for Roxy to leave too has been really hard on me. Thank goodness for internet! Thank goodness for cell phones that I can text message with. And thank goodness for the USPS so I may send packages to Roxy and Tom. It's been a delight, but I'm so absolutely excited for her to come home. And the countdown for her landing in Salt Lake City!

(we rock. what more can I say!)

Very much excitement! And so many things to be happy for. I count my many blessings and am so grateful to be a part of these wonderful people's lives.

4 comments:

Roxy said...

You're the best. I love you. The end.

kanaboke said...

Yaaaaaay!!! I'm super excited for you and your family!!! and how fun that your brother will get to live with you guys and get to know James...James will be the best brother in law any bro could have...man, I'm so happy for you "My Suzie!!"

tnralvords said...

Hey Susie...this is Randa. I came through your blog through Whitney's. I am so happy for you and your family. It seems like you guys have came along way and you are doing so well!

Jim Rowley said...

Susi, would I know the girl that Josh is dating?

Jim