Friday, April 4, 2008

All the fun in one. . .

Clerk's Conference is over!! What a relief! After approximately 20 hours of sitting in a beautiful hotel, I'm exhausted! The sessions are gruelling and sometimes difficult to stay awake in. I made it! I didn't even fall asleep. And now I'm home with my sweet Sophie puppy who is showing off her talents in attacking her rawhide bone. She's so cute. And my sweet James will be here shortly.

Midway is a really neat place. There was a cool meteor crater that has a hot spring inside it. It is about 55 feet deep and you can even scuba dive in it. We didn't do it, but took some pictures.

Here's a look at the crater from the street.


Here's a look from the inside looking toward the sky.


The girls inside the crater.


Ryan in the tunnel to the inside of the crater.


After our mini crater tour, we took ourselves on a little tour of the Zermatt. Here are some fun pictures.














The best part of it was the bakery. It was supposed to resemble a traditional bakery in Switzerland. It was very beautiful and the samples were great! Check us out:







We had a lot of fun. They allowed us to try some samples before purchasing. I tried some raspberry gelato, tapioca, cheesecake and part of a pear tart. It was all yummy. I decided to purchase some kind of mouse with a blackberry on top. Then I couldn't stand it and brought home a chocolate raspberry cake and a coconut creme pie. Sweet tooth much? Who knows. Ironically, it helped me feel like I was doing something cool like Roxy is. I was placed into a mini Switzerland and indulged in their sweets. We were going to get some cool pedicures too, but the spa was booked up. Oh Well! Roxy, enjoy Italy!!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Your wedding picture is to die for. BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm glad you liked Zermatt. It is a personal favorite of our too:>

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you made the most of your "work" situation. Sometimes business trips do have some fun perks.

Love,

Aunt Sandy

Anonymous said...

mouse=animal or computer control.
mousse=smooth dessert


guess who

Jamie Jo said...

Is it just me or is that a really good picture of me on your blog? I don't think it's just me. Lately I am finding that I just look stunning! I think purple is just my color, except, what isn't my color?

Roxy said...

It looks just like the bakeries here! Woot! I'm glad you had fun!

Jamie Jo said...

Okay, that first comment from me, wasn't really from me. That was my sister loose with my password. I'm not really that vain. :)