Thursday, September 10, 2009

40 Weeks, Executive Decisions & Emotions

By now I'm sure you can tell that the baby tracker is off. It counted down to zero and is now adding days on. That's right folks, I'm overdue.



We made our 40 week mark on Monday. As I'm writing this, I'm 3 days over. We were sure hoping to have our little gut on 09/09/09, but alas, it was not meant to be. Tuesday evening James and I went for a fantastic walk with the pup. We all enjoyed ourselves and have been going on many walks since then.

Wednesday morning, James helped make an executive decision for our family. He put me on my maternity leave! We figured that since I had already gone past my due date and I was so exhausted that what the heck. . . start my leave. If worse comes to worse, we will deliver on the 14th. That was only 3 work days away. I must admit that I'm very grateful for this decision. It's been nice to be taken care of and be able to take a nap if I feel the need. It's like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders. Now I'm not saying that work is a burden, it's just nice to have one less thing to have to worry about. I've been able to sleep in a little, go on walks, patch up a few loose ends for the baby and focus on our family. It's just nice.

EMOTIONS.
Need I say more. Please realize that I am 40+ weeks pregnant. I just feel so full of emotions this week. I'm happy, sad, nervous, ecstatic, anxious. . . etc. . . all at the same time. And its all over this little guy inside me. Honestly, I'm doing really well. This is such a happy time for us. I've had such a wonderful pregnancy. It's been easy. For that, I am so grateful. On the other hand, I'm sad, nervous and anxious. He's not here yet! I don't know what I'm doing! I don't know if I'm in labor or not. Yesterday I was having regular contractions with pain. Today. . . pretty much nothing. Some here and there. I don't want to be a burden on my doctor. We had an ultrasound on Tuesday and found out the baby is doing great, he's just really crammed in there. They also told us that he was about 8 lbs 11 oz! That's huge!! But we didn't get to see the doctor afterward. We saw the nurse practitioner. I don't know if I'm supposed to be seen again, or just wait it out until Monday when the doctor said he would induce me. At that, what am I supposed to do? Do I go in for an appointment on Monday or just go in and say, "Start me."? I have no idea what I'm doing. We're so concerned about all of this. The baby hadn't dropped by last Friday. Is he going to drop at all? Are we holding out for a natural delivery that won't be achievable, or am I prone now to have a c-section? My emotions. . . just all over the place. Sorry about the ranting. I'm sure all will be ok. I just don't want to cause imbalance to the universe. Faith in every footstep. That's what I have to keep in mind.

5 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

You are such a strong person. I think I would call the Dr.'s office and make sure they are starting you. If not, tell them they are! Good Luck!

Whitney said...

You need to find out from your dr when they are starting you. Then that morning you will call and they will tell you when to come in. Just because you get started doesn't mean you will have a c section. With both of my girls I have been started and still haven't had a c section. My second baby never dropped until I was in the hospital bed. Its nice you got another ultrasound! You will do just fine. Don't you hate all the emotions that come with being prego? :) Good luck!

Sandra said...

Girly I hear ya! With my first three I was a day late and that one day killed me. I remember thinking...maybe my body doesn't know what to do and I'll be pregnant forever ha ha. Dramatic I know. Thats great that you off work. Rest and relax while you can so that you are healthy for your little guy. Emotions always kick my butt, maybe you have already heard but it doesn't go away after the baby is born. Atleast for me those first few weeks afer are an emotional rollercoast. Some don't get affected but I sure do. Good luck! You will be the best mommy!

Jody and Lacey said...

Susi I can't imagine how many emotions you are having. Everything will be ok. Heavenly Father is with you in this and will help you though it all. Your little family is so darling and having this little guy join is going to make all the difference in the world. I am just a mile away if you need anything! Serious I would be happy to help with whatever. We sure love you guys!

Jessica said...

I was actually started with Nate and Leah, and their deliveries were wonderful! I also have very large babies, not one under 8 and a half pounds. Don't worry, it will be ok, my babies have been big, but always healthy, and we haven't had any problems with jaundice. Good Luck, and keep us posted!