Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacation

James and I have returned from a real Wyoming vacation! We left last Tuesday night and drove to Cheyenne. We arrived at about 2 am. Boy were we exhausted!

Wednesday we got up and went into town to watch the Thunderbirds. We were there during Frontier Days, so they were there for the air show. They were pretty good! The show wasn't as long as it usually is, but good none the less. For dinner becky made some great pork chops. mmmmm, mmmmm good!Later that night we went to the carnival. The kids had a blast and got to ride some rides. None for me though!




Frontier Days is great for "People Watching." We caught a glimpse of this cool dude we have conveniently named "Afro Man."


Thursday we kinda relaxed. It was nice. Went and looked at some stores. The most exciting part was that James was able to obtain his illegal for Utah fireworks. I have no idea what we are going to do with them, but I'm sure it will be entertaining. We wrapped this day up with some authentic Mexican grub. It was delicious. We made cilantro lime rice and homemade re-fried beans to go with our shredded beef. It was delicious!

My sister had to work on Friday, so we got ready and got a few pictures. We loaded up everything and set out for our next destination.




First, I took James out to Burns. That's where I grew up. It didn't take too long. There's not much there that's the same anymore. We did stop at the cemetery to visit my grandparents. I hadn't been there in so long. It was nice. James never got to meet them, but now he at least knows where they are. After our tour (sorry, no pictures. It's that boring!), we went back into Cheyenne where we met up with my uncle, a couple cousins, and our friends Al & Linda Wilcox for lunch. We had such a good time there! Food is always welcome!



After we finished eating, we headed to Douglas to see my other Sister. Her husband, Paul is an amazing chef! That night, he cooked the best steak I believe I've ever had in my life! I would definately eat more of it if he were closer, that's for sure!

On Saturday, we kinda just hung out again. It was so nice and relaxing. I got a little rambunctious and went on a Harley ride with Paul. I loved it!



We made personal calzones for dinner and watched movies all night!

We made the LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG trip home on Sunday. Here's the sad stuff. I hadn't been feeling well for most of the trip. By the time we got to Lea's on Friday, I had lost my voice. We almost came home early. I was tough and my sister Lea helped me get in contact with a doctor to feel better. By Sunday morning, I was feeling a lot better and was gaining my voice again. But my sweetie wasn't feeling well. He ached all over. We figured it was just the sleeping arrangements. We were both not feeling well this morning and stayed home from work. By 8:30 I had James to the instacare. Turns out he has the swine flu! I can't believe it! I feel so bad for him. We are both on anti-viral medication. Since I'm in the high risk group, I get to take the same meds as James does. He's out of work for 7-10 days and gets to be quarintend. I'm still safe. I can go to work. So it's all good. Dr. Horsley says so.

Wrapping up this extra long post. . . We are at 34 weeks today! 6 more to go! I better get cracking on the baby's room!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Ah, cute little Tidbit. Poor James, couldn't he have come up with an easier way to get out of work for a while??

kanaboke said...

aaaw, that baby bump of yours sure is cute!! hope the last few weeks go smoothly for ya..too bad there's some sickness going on now...before you know it Tidbit will be here though and all will be well!!

Unknown said...

ok that totally sucks that he is sick. that your both sick for that matter. crazy question. how are you safe to go to work when you live with someone that is quarantined? you look amazing by the way! i only dream about looking that good when i am that far along!

The Child Family said...

I'm glad you had so much fun in Wyoming. I can't believe Jame has the swine flu, that is crazy!!!! I hope he gets feeling better soon, and while I'm sad he got it, I'm really glad you and baby boy with a secret name are safe :)
Your belly picture is so cute!!!!

Jody and Lacey said...

I am glad you had a fun trip. WE sure missed ya! Poor James. That is no good. I would go CRAZY if I had to stay in one place for that long... but on a happy note... I LOVE your cute belly! I can't wait to see your belly waddle this Saturday. :)

Brady & Chelsey said...

I love your belly!! Pregnancy definatly suits you!! You look so good!! I wanna see the from behind picture you were telling me about!! Hope James gets feeling better!!