Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Long Awaited Post

I must apologize to my faithful followers (if there are any!) I have been very slack! I did not anticipate a 5 week hiatus. It just so happened. I've had every great intention of posting, I just lack the time and energy to do so.

We will be 33 weeks along in our pregnancy tomorrow. Things are going great! We had another ultrasound to verify everything was going well on 7/6/09. I had the technician verify again that we are definitely having a boy. We are. He is looking very healthy and was weighing in at 3 lb 12 oz. We tried to get some face shots of him, but it did not work. He was crossing his hands right in front of his face and wouldn't move them. As soon as we were back in the waiting room he was moving around again. Here is the picture we took last week for our 32 weeks:

I'm getting big now, but it's all worth it.

We have all been working very tediously on the family boat. We've re-upholstered most of it. After putting the seats back in and trying to start it we realized we had more problems. It wouldn't start. We had problems with the battery last year, so James and I replaced the battery. We were over at Ma N Pa Tibbitts' trying to get it started this week. Things were going well. I was just sitting on the boat encouraging James to let him know he was doing a good job. I had asked him, "Is it safe for me to sit here? This isn't going to blow up on me is it?" His response was, " It hasn't done that before. You're safe." Not three minutes later we were all bailing out of the boat trying to escape some flames! There was an electrical shortage that hit some gas and WOW!






After the flamage we replaced the fuel pump and starter. It was working so much better! Daren and Ashlee got it registered and we decided to take it out for it's 2009 maiden voyage to Hyrum Dam yesterday. We were in the process of launching the boat and it wouldn't start. BOO!!! Ran back into town to replace the new battery. Re-launch. Things are looking good. But maybe we ought to let it warm up a bit before we play. James, Ashlee and I went to go for a short spin only to find that it wouldn't hit high RPM's while in gear. Ashlee and I traded places with the boys and they worked on it for about an hour. Alas, to our dismay, it would be re-loaded and we were headed home. It still needs more work. Sophie enjoyed her time out. My belly has become her new sitting post. We discovered this on our way to the dam.

Poor Daren was so bummed out, he settled with the sprinkler in front of his house for a couple of minutes.

Considering all the difficulties, I was just glad that we were all well and the boat didn't blow up again!


We've also been up to lots of other things. Holidays are great! We hosted our Annual 3rd of July BBQ bash! It went great and the Logan City fireworks were fantastic. Hyde Park just had their 24th of July Fireworks on Friday. We enjoyed an amazing BBQ at Uncle Casey & Aunt Mari's pad just before. It is so much fun to get together with family. This week, James and I will be headed to Wyoming to see my sisters, Becky & Lea. It will be great, I just don't look forward to the drive.

Until next time. . .

6 comments:

The Child Family said...

Look at your cute belly!!!!
the boat looks like it's coming along. Can't WAIT to see you tomorrow!!!!

Sandra said...

You are a cute prego woman :) Sorry about the whole boat blowing up. Have fun in Wyoming.

Jessica said...

You look so great, the boat thing doesnt sound fun, but it will be worth it when it works! I am glad that your pregnancy is going well! Keep us posted.

Jody and Lacey said...

I'm still a follower! I'm sure sorry about the boat. I know that sad/mad boys are not fun! :)

Brady & Chelsey said...

I am glad you guys are doing good!! You look so cute!! I love your growing belly! Sorry about your boat mishaps!! Oh and i would be happy to do your baby's room!! :-)

Shalie said...

You are so cute. Wow, maybe you guys should just get another boat, it sounds like this one is dangerous! Good luck these last few weeks of pregnancy.