Wednesday, February 11, 2009

TaDa!

Yesterday was a good day. James has convinced me to do the relax part while he's at work. That kid's got a good head on his shoulders. So I decided to take him up on it! I woke up around 10 am London time. Got showered. Cleaned up the room a little. (I'm such a neat freak!) Then headed to this huge grocery store. It's basically like a Super Target. They also have a travel agency though. I was able to exchange my American money for British Pounds. Can I just tell you, we sure get ripped off! Take in $300 and get 186 pounds back! Absurd! Oh well. I'll deal. Then I went down stairs to enjoy myself a late (very late) breakfast. Mmmmmm. They are just as good here as they are at home. The staff was a bit nicer here though. Very pleasant to be around. On my way back to the hotel I stopped at the train station. It's actually located right outside my hotel window. Very nice.

When James got home from Legoland, we got to go to the temple! We had planned to go early and eat dinner at the cafeteria then make the 8 pm session. On our way there, I decided I would be brilliant and call to see when the cafeteria closes. Don't worry. It's actually only open for lunch. Fantastic! I told James we would just have to go on faith and we would find food. We ended up getting to the temple without food. We got our clothing and went through a session. It was so wonderful. And beautiful, too! The building was exquisite! While we were there we got to meet a couple that is serving a mission at the temple from Manti. They were so very nice and kind. They helped us get some pictures and tried to point us in the right direction for food.

I made it through the session, but was starving. Our GPS took us up to the next town. It was nice a peaceful there too. Cozy little place. We ended up finding a McDonald's. I have to admit. . . there was some pushing my pride aside going on. Not a fan. But at 10 pm that was the BEST darn quarter-pounder I've ever had! Lesson learned. Eat earlier. Don't wait until starvation sets in.

So, TaDa! I went exploring! We found the temple! First try! (Not like in Korea) Got to go through a session! Got food! And finally, made it back to the hotel safely!


A little dark, but still a pretty picture.


My husband is so handsome!


Side view with the moon.


On our way out, past the front.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Thats so exciting. So you mentioned your hubby coming back from legoland. What does he do? When Kevin and I went to Finland it was such a small temple they didn't have a cafeteria.

Jamie Jo said...

How fun! I would love to do a session in another country! Right now I'll have to settle for hitting all the temples on the Wasatch front.

kanaboke said...

Oh my goodness, it looks like you guys are having a WONDERUFL, WONDERFUL TIME!!! I'm so excited that you got to go thru the Temple in London!