Sunday, February 26, 2012

Update

Time just continues to fly by. Each day seems to get faster than the one before!

So, the "Homer Simpson" look is gone. So far, there's not any further damage. Well, besides a little bit of a bigger chip in his tooth. But it hasn't started to change color or anything yet. I just keep counting our blessings there. We've been back to brushing teeth and everything for quite some time now. I know it's silly, but I'm so proud of him. He's learning to spit in the sink after brushing for a little while. We may move to actual toothpaste sometime too!

We are in a slump again as far as the potty training goes. It seems that as soon as daddy had to go out of town he lost interest. Maybe it's more that I don't have the energy to battle it. I ask him often if he needs to go "big boy potty" and he always says, "no." So I just don't fight it. I kinda figure that when the new baby arrives that he would regress anyway. So if we don't have Haden all the way trained, there won't be much regression! I'm sure James doesn't feel the same though.

As for me, big steps in life are occurring. Yes, I feel like I'm getting larger by the minute! I will be 35 weeks tomorrow! I find that I'm having a hard time getting comfortable to sleep. I crave ice water relentlessly, can't seem to get comfy in my clothes, have found that it's hard to stand or sit for long periods of time. . . blah, blah, blah. I sound pretty whiney! Well, I guess that's just what I get. James says that I was uncomfortable like this the last time. I remember not liking my clothes much, but for some reason don't remember the rest of it. I wonder if I was just so elated over the "first" baby that I didn't notice these things. Quite possible in my state!

But here's the good stuff!!! I'm really excited. We received our tax refunds this week and were able to pay off all our credit card debt! YEAH!!!! That was a goal we have been working toward for probably the last year and a half or so. We wanted it to be complete before we took any other drastic steps in our lives. With that done, it's a bit of weight off our shoulders. No sooner did we pay off the debt, I was able to get everything caught up at work. I managed to write up step by step procedures for my duties. With these two big things complete, I was able to turn in my 2 weeks notice at work on Friday! That's the biggest kicker of all! I'M ACTUALLY GOING TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOMMY!!!! I'm still quite intimidated by the overall reality of it all. I know that with the support of my sweet husband and the faith that I have in my Savior that all will work out. I know that this will be a very humbling, trying experience for our family. But oh, the rewards! I look forward to them so much! I hope that Haden and I will have a good time together before the baby comes (and after, of course, too!) Mostly, I look forward to loving on my son and cherishing the newborn moments with my daughter. I loved Haden as a newborn, but was so set on getting him into a routine that would work with my work schedule that I feel like I forgot to stop and smell the roses. I tell you though, I'm going to smell the pieces out of our 2.5 year old and enjoy every moment that I can with our newborn! I may not be able to get that time back, but I can enjoy the current time and future with every fiber of my being!!!

2 comments:

Tati said...

I'm so happy for you to be a stay-at-home-mommy! You'll be great at it! Love you!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

So many wonderful adventures and crazy days are coming your way! It will be an adjustment, but like you said, it will be so worth it. :) You will do a great job.