Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!!!

It's a little late, but still wonderful!

Last Friday, Sophie and I picked up Daren from work. We hung out with D and Ash most of the night. Had a wonderful dinner and watched some good ol CSI. (On demand is great) Then we all (an I mean all. Dogs too.) piled into the truck and headed back into town for ice cream. We also headed over to Wal-Mart to buy James Halo Wars. Lucky kid!

So then we went back to their house for a little bit more CSI. Sophie and I were so tired when we finally came home. When Sophie jumped out of the car she ran right to the door and started barking. She never does that at our house. I was really concerned. It told me right away that there was someone inside. James was not due back until Sunday morning at about 1am. I opened the door and let Sophie in. She barked a few times and ran to the back bedroom. I looked inside. There was some luggage. There was only a small night light on. So I strained to identify it. It sure looked like James' luggage. I called out his name. Nothing. I thought to myself, "How could his luggage be home already. He's not scheduled to leave London until Noon on Saturday." I continued to follow the dog to the bedroom. All of a sudden the bedroom door opened, an arm reached out to grab me and pulled me in! IT WAS MY SWEETHEART!!!!!! In the flesh! I was so surprised. He and Daren had been texting each other all night. James wouldn't let them send me home until he had arrived. He had known for a few days that his flight had changed and did such a good job keeping it secret from me.

I am so blessed to have a husband that loves me so much. I'm grateful for his surprise. Even if it was a little frightening at first. He is my sunshine. And my knight in shining armor. I love you, Sweetie!!!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

That would be a good surprise. That was fun of him to keep it secret and surprise you. How are you feeling?

Shannon said...

I would have killed him. That kind of stuff scares the crap out of me. Fun surprise though.

Jessica said...

How exciting! I may have taken his head off though! I am so happy that he is home for you. So when do you get to find out what you are having? How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

I think James prefers to be known as the Spartan in Mjolnir Mk VI armor. I say that because when we IM each other on Windows Live he and I both have our profile pictures as our Spartan characters from Halo. Halo Halo Halo Halo, Halo Halo? Ah, Halo Halo.

Halo,

D