Sunday, September 14, 2008

Time Out For Women

I went to my very first Time Out For Women conference yesterday. I've made a new friend at church. Her name is Cory McKee. She is so super cute! She came from a little town by Vernal, UT, and is so excited to be here in Logan now. There's civilization here! I really enjoy having her here as well. she is such a good example to me. she has such a strong testimony of the gospel and is not afraid to share it. I love that. I think I used to be that way, but I'm a little more shy now.

Anyway, the speakers were amazing. The conference was about finding joy and happiness in our lives. I'm a pretty happy person. Life is good! I took some notes, but I don't have them right by me. This was not talked about at all in the conference, but I think I'm going to do much better to write in a journal. I think it would be something that would make me happy. So we will see. I'm sure going to try it though. We were also uplifted with the musical talents of Kenneth Cope. It was just wonderful.

Even though it was such a wonderful, uplifting experience I was glad to come home. I missed my James. He's my favorite and I just wanted to be with him.

This is Cory and me once we found a place to sit.


This was the stage and some of the speakers.


Cory's AMAZING!! She wouldn't leave until she got pictures with the presenters.


This me with Sharon G Larsen. She is the author of "All Rain, No Mud." That book helped lighten my days during my divorce. Just uplifted me. Too bad I didn't realize was I was getting into. I would have brought it with me for her to sign!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Your wedding picture at the top is gorgeous!!! I too had a great time! I didn't get any fun pictures with the presenters though (sigh) Oh well. I looked down at some of your previous posts....all of Twighlight series has kept me from doing things. I neglect my kids when I dive into those. She is a great writer. Anyway, I'll link you to my blog but if you don't want me to just let me know.

Tati said...

looks like a lot of fun! but you can never replace me, ya know...j/k

so i'm having a baby shower. send me your address so my friend can send you an invite!

Alicia said...

Aw...i really wanted to go to that, but I forgot it was coming. Dang. It looks like you two had a great time.