Thursday, February 24, 2011

8

It's amazing what eight years can do for a person. My first husband, Kenny Izatt, passed away eight years ago today. I was thinking about it and can pretty much remember every detail of that day. I know what I was doing at what time, who I spoke with, who visited, his last joke. . . I vividly remember the exact moments leading up to the time of his passing. I also recall the abundance of love and kinship in my home. I remember the great care my family took of me. My sweet in-laws rushed down from Star Valley and whisked me away. There is really so much that goes on in such a personal moment like that. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that I haven't forgotten these things.

Furthermore, I am eternally grateful for the extreme blessings that I've received since this time. I look back and am comfortable with the trials that I've been given. Although I miss Kenny, I have been blessed with another amazing husband! (not many gals get to say that!) James is the most kind, loving and understanding man I know. He allows me to embrace my past, and does so with me. It's wonderful how things happen for a purpose, and we don't always understand why. That certainly doesn't make it easier, but patience goes a long way and time really can heal a person.

I love you James, so very much. Thank you for caring for me. Thank you for holding me during my "moments." Thank you for wanting to be a part of my past, present and future.

Kenny, I love you too! Without you, none of this would be possible. You taught me to love the gospel. You helped me know who I am and what I want from life.

I am who I am because of all I've experienced.

Here's one of my favorite sayings. I used it for Kenny's funeral because he was this kind of person. I believe James and I are also striving to live up to this.

Live so that those who know YOU
But don't know HIM
Will want to know HIM
Because they know YOU!

Until we meet again. . .

6 comments:

Scott and Amme said...

Thanks Suzi, that was beautiful and touching. I can't believe it has been 8 years! It almost seems like yesterday I was hearing Kenny bear his testimony in Sacrament for what would have been his last one or two fast Sundays. He had such an amazing testimony. I still remember how much I enjoyed listening to him. But, you are right. You have been blessed with another wonderful husband. You have been through a lot the last 8 years and definitely succeeded and come out on top. Thank you for your example and strength. I am a better person because I know YOU! Love you SUZ!

Sandra said...

What a great post. Hugs! I love your family picture, so cute.

Jessica said...

I remember that too, and I can't believe it has been 8 years. I remember you calling me a couple of days later, and coming over and sitting on your couch and just talking for awhile. Thanks for letting em share that experience with you. You did find another good one. I happy you have such a great husband and family! I will be thinking of you.

Kristi Rowley said...

Suzi, you still amaze me! I remember thinking back...I guess 8 years ago, that you should not be going through what you were going through. It's something I can't even imagine going through. But seeing the strength you have now inspires me. I Love seeing you happy with your little family. You deserve it.

The Child Family said...

it was so good to see you this morning!
What an amazing post to Kenny. You really are lucky to have been blessed with 2 amazing wonderful men!!!!!
luv ya lots

Anonymous said...

This post leaves me mostly speechless Susi. I'll never forget that brilliant, crisp, winter day of Kenny's funeral. The echoing sounds of Amazing Grace bouncing off the hills.....a time so long ago and yesterday. Your Uncle Mike & I love you very much and rest easy knowing you are in good hands in this world and in the next.