Sunday, August 15, 2010

Good Intentions

Our blog is currently a work in progress!! I'll be updating it with a different e-mail address. We'll more than likely be changing it to a private blog as well. If you would like permissions to access the blog, please post a comment with your e-mail address.

As far as the "good intentions" go, I was planning on doing a nice catch up of the last month. Unfortunately, I've left my memory card at work with all the pictures on it! My mind has seriously skipped town!

Anyway, I'll tell you about it. We took Pioneer Day weekend (7/24/10) to work on the boat. We all took turns scrapping old gaskets off the engine so they could be replaced. Yep! I worked on the inside of an engine! I was dirty, greasy & stinky! Many long hours paid off. We got the boat running and were able to finally go have some fun! Much better than last year. Of course, the fire was quite entertaining. We still are wondering though if it would have been better to let nature take its course and allow the boat to die. Only time will tell, and we're gonna "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!!"



We were able to have an amazing time at the Hancey Family camp out! Our Uncle Neil and Uncle Dave were in charge this year and did a really nice job. We didn't do a darn thing! Just played lazy. I liked that.

Haden and I have been having an enjoyable time swimming. Well, kinda. I take him and he screams! We went to Lava Hot Springs and visited their Olympic Pool last weekend. Grandma & Grandpa Tibbitts, Uncle Tom, Brittney & Uncle Luiz, Aunt Anne & the kids all came with us. Haden had such a great time! I got to take him back to the pool in Logan this last week and he did a really good job there too. It's just taking a little bit of convincing.

James turned 28 last Thursday! He's getting to be so old! ;) I had a great time. After I got off of work, Ashlee and I zipped down to SLC with Haden to pick up James' birthday cake. I like to go to Granite Bakery and get the Key Lime Cake for him. Daren & Ash had it for their wedding and James loves it. It was a fantastic surprise for him! He thinks I spoil him! What can I say, He's TOTALLY worth it!

The saddest thing did happen a week ago. I work at the Logan City Court. Our Judge has been very sick. About a year ago she was diagnosed with Aplastic Enemia. It's a weird sort of blood disorder. She's been under immunosuppressant therapy to try and kick it. That wasn't working. So on June 21 she went into the hospital for a bone marrow transplant. It's been pretty rocky for her. She developed a few infections before the transplant took. The doctors worked really hard, but last Sunday she passed away. It's been really hard at work. It just doesn't feel like it's real. That's more than likely because she's been away and we've been using fill in judges. I don't think it will feel real until her replacement takes over. But I'm willing to accept the Lord's will in this. I know that our Savior lives. I know my friend has been called home. I know with all my heart that I will get to see her again. I'm grateful for the atonement and for the opportunity that repentance gives us to live with our Father again.

I wish to also offer condolences to my siblings. I have an amazing half- brother & sister. Unfortunately, their father also passed away this week. He was such a nice man. He always treated me with love and respect. I loved him too. Until we meet again, dear friend.


9 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

Please Please PLease invite me! Kristi Rowley @ Hot mail . com

Jessica said...

Me too jessica j rowley @ msn dot com

Lyndee said...

It was fun to see you guys at the fair! Please send me an invite at lyndspence@yahoo.com.

Sandra said...

So sorry for all the loss lately. My email is sandraspaz@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Did you save me a piece of Key Lime Cake???? Sounds yummy. Of course I want to continue to read the Tibbitts family blog. I love seeing new pix and catching up on things.

Use michael7822@sbcglobal.net

Love,love,love you all.

Aunt Sandy

The Child Family said...

of course I want an invite- you should know my e-mail but let me know if you need it again :)
I'm glad you got the boat alive and kicking again, way to take Sister Hinckley's advice to heart!!!
i'll miss the judge, how was the funeral? I was so sad I missed it

Brady & Chelsey said...

We for sure need an invite!! mommadickson@comcast.net So sad about your siblings dad and your friend the Judge! Good thing we have the gospel!! It has been so helpful to us!! Love you!

The Gray's said...

Hey Susi, I'd love to still check out your blog, my email is
nicole.gray1980@yahoo.com

Thanks girlie! Your little boy is getting so big!

Jamie said...

Sounds like there is a lot going on! I know what it feels like to loose someone close to you. I am so sorry. It is sad to go after being so sick. I feel bad for her family. I hope you are doing okay.
I would like to continue reading your blog! jamie.crook@yahoo.com