Wednesday, July 14, 2010

OUCH




Last Thursday my mom took a fall. She was watering her flowers and must have tripped over the hose. Unfortunately, she broke her fall with her face. There were no broken bones! That's something we can be grateful for.

She and Dad made a quick trip to the ER. I met up with them there. Her dentures cracked during the impact and the inside of her top lip got squished into the crack! Poor thing! We got her all cleaned up and the physicians assistant gave her a numbing agent. After that her lip was good to get some stitches. Only two! I was amazed. The sweetest part was that Mom asked me to come sit and hold her hand while she got the stitches. It was a tender moment for me. I couldn't really do much, but I was able to be there for her comfort.

She took the weekend and two days of watching Haden off. She missed him so much! She's doing much better now. The swelling is down. Her bruising is more wide-stretched, but much lighter. On the mend!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow that looks sooooo painful. I'm glad there wasn't any broken bones. Ouch. Thats sweet that you sat with her for it, it's like you can give a little back for the many years of nurturing she gave you. I hope she heals quickly.

Jessica said...

Oh I am so sorry, It almost hurts to look at it! I am glad you were there to be with her, and I am glad that she is ok. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Scott and Amme said...

Oh, your poor mom. I hurt for her. I hope she heals quickly.

Shannon said...

Oh man. I can feel her pain. Reminds me of when I passed out two summers ago and broke my teeth out and fractured my jaw. Hope she heals quickly.

Anonymous said...

As I talked with Ann the next day after it happened, seeing the photos were shocking. Ouch is right! Thanks for your help taking care of my sis, Suz. You all are so special to me. We look forward to a photo of Ann all healed.

Love you!

Aunt Sandy xo

Betsy Sue said...

Wow, susi, I didn't know your mom fell! How sad. Is she doing any better?