Monday, March 22, 2010

The Salon. . . .

IS OPEN!!!

James purchased a hair cutting set. It's really nice. We've had it for about a month now. I've just been too chicken to use it.

My brother in law, Tom--BLESS HIS HEART!!--, was my first guinea pig. He was such a trooper and just guided me along with how the other elders did it while he was on his mission. I must admit, Tom walked away with a stinking good looking hair cut. (maybe he just lies to me when he says it's a good cut though!) But my poor James. . . his hair is so different than Tom's. It still looks good. I just have to get better at the blending as far as his hair goes. I'm really excited though. It turned out pretty well. And he just keeps reminding me that it will grow back. I can try again! I'm so excited.

So, I'll be able to get my hair done because I can save money on my boys' hair cuts.

WAHOOOO!!!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I've just started cutting Jon's hair too. I like your thinking, you can get your hair done more now that your saving money on the boys' hair.

The Child Family said...

the day we bought our clippers was the best day of my life.... KIDDING. I HATE cutting hair, but I have no choice other than to do it because it is so dang expensive for boys to go and get a haircut every 6 weeks.
I've been doing it for over a year now, and I'm still terrible at it, but I guess if the boys are happy that's all that matters :)

Sandra said...

Good job. The first hair clippers we bought came with a how to video. I was so scared when I first cut Kevin's. It took me two hours. Now I can cut it in 15 but I'm still scared. The kids have strange cowlicks too so it's tough to cut. I haven't ever added it up but I've been doing his hair for 10 years and the boys since they were born so I'm sure we have saved a ton.

Kristi Rowley said...

Ok, What's the deal with Jim? He won't let me even attempt to cut his. He doesn't even know how good of a hairstylist I am because he won't let me do it. I have cut mine and the girls' without any major issues. So, I think you are pretty lucky to have a husband that will let you cut his hair. Have fun!

Jamie Jo said...

I've been cutting Josh's hair for over a year with some cheap A scissors from Wal-Mart! And Ryan's norelco for trimming the back of the neck. I think I do pretty good, if I do say so myself. I wonder what I could do with real equipment?

Jessica said...

I wish I could cute hair, I am too scared, and I need to figure out how to blend it too. Rich will buzz his, but I like Nates a little longer. I guess I just need more practice.

Whitney said...

Ugg! I have been cutting Paul's hair ever since we started dating, I dread it. Hair everywhere and I do not like cleaning up after. Good luck you will get better every time you do it. And if you mess up you can always buzz it! :)

Scott and Amme said...

Good job! I remember being petrified of doing Scott's hair. But, NOw that I have been doing it for a few years it isn't really a big deal. And James is right. It's will grow back, and you will get better.